CAN Invest - Fund Management
Managing the Community Assets Fund on behalf of West Lindsey District Council
The Community Assets Fund provides grant and loan finance and business support to help community groups manage community assets and start up or scale up community enterprises in West Lindsey.
Now in its third year, the Community Assets Fund is managed by CAN Invest in partnership with the national body for rural community enterprise, the Plunkett Foundation, with additional support from Community Lincs and Community Action Officers based at West Lindsey District Council.
The Fund is focused on serving the long-term needs of the district, with the following objectives:
- Develop local enterprises, through funding, business support and influencing, to be more sustainable and have greater social impact in their communities;
- Leverage national and regional funds into West Lindsey through matching commitments, to make existing funds stretch even further;
- Provide flexible financing options to support critical, high impact ventures as well as recycling funds and fostering entrepreneurial spirit in West Lindsey.
We achieve these objectives through a close working partnership that combines knowledge of national trends and funding opportunities with local ‘on the ground’ insight that ensures our support is relevant and appropriate to the needs and capability of the organisations we work with.
The Fund provides local enterprises with a package of support, including:
- Finance: up to £150k mixture of grant and loan, with up to £10k grant for feasibility or development for certain types of enterprise;
- Business support: provided through the Fund, Fund partners or through feasibility grants, in areas such as business planning, financial forecasting and community consultation;
- Investment and business readiness: helping local enterprises to improve their operations and (where applicable) prepare them to approach larger funders or take on larger amounts of investment through active engagement, feedback and reporting requirements.